Bits and Bytes was a Canadian television series, produced by TVOntario in 1983. It starred Luba Goy as the instructor, and Billy Van as the student. The show consisted of 12 episodes and featured many of the classic 80s microcomputers including the Apple ][, Commodore PET, VIC 20 and 64, Atari 800, TRS-80, TI 99 and the IBM PC.
The subjects were:
- Program 1: Getting Started
- Program 2: Ready-MadePrograms
- Program 3: How Programs Work?
- Program 4: File & Data Management
- Program 5: Communication Between Computers
- Program 6: Computer Languages
- Program 7: Computer-Assisted Instruction
- Program 8: Games & Simulations
- Program 9: Computer Graphics
- Program 10: Computer Music
- Program 11: Computers at Work
- Program 12: What Next?
For more information, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bits_and_bytes. This series has been made available on archive.org for posterity.
And, it is awesome.
AMERICA IN YEARS BEFORE WWII
These images, by photographers of the Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information, are some of the only color photographs taken of the effects of the Depression on America’s rural and small town populations. The photographs and captions are the property of the Library of Congress and were included in a 2006 exhibit Bound for Glory: America in Color.
See a more in depth collection with captions here
Canyon County Courthouse, Caldwell Idaho, 1900s
Hotel Saratoga, Caldwell Idaho, 1900s
St. Al’s Hospital, Boise Idaho, 1899